Martes, Oktubre 1, 2013

FEELING BLESSED

Is it really over? As I was sitting on a pavement outside the convention center in Apalit and waiting for a public transportation vehicle to arrive I try to recall the scenarios happened in the last three days. I remembered the early morning rise (around 2 or 3am), the rushing feeling of going to the bath rooms, the narrow and busy passages that people walks by and by every break time, the lively performance singing songs of praises and most especially the unfathomable teachings that each brethren understood with God’s help. Each scene was pictured in my mind while we wait for almost an hour and a half. I remembered how I prepared a week before the thanksgiving- arranging all the stuffs I need for three days, from clothes to wear, hygienic materials even slippers and handkerchief and most importantly- the heart. I always hear from Bro. Eli Soriano and Bro. Daniel Razon that one must not have a heavy heart which consist of hatred, jealousy and alike especially when attending occasions intended to worship God. I feel the excitement as I am looking forward to the teaching I will be learning from my preachers. Though three days had rapidly passed I still wanted to reminisce each breathtaking time when Bro. Eli and Bro. Daniel explain the topics in the last International thanksgiving.
Once more, an overwhelming experience is what I felt when I witness my brothers and sisters in faith coming from the continents of Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, South and North America, and Australia actively participating in singing songs of praises, moreover how attentive they listen when it comes to the topics being delivered. Distance, time zone and language are not an impediment for the Members of Church of God International to offer the sacrifice of Thanksgiving to God. For the last three days Bro. Eli and Bro. Daniel delivered four topics that even a man spent decades in his past religious affiliation can testify they never heard such. With that, I also have the courage to say “So do I”, I hear many teachings of different religions and none of those can be compared to what we have understood with God’s help. The topics discussed were subjects I have not imagined before and it became very clear after Bro. Eli and Bro. Daniel talk about. All topics are really striking and much worth for the time the brethren spent. No one can deny the fact that each detail is essential as Bro. Daniel say “Nothing to lose but everything to gain”. There is also a part wherein Bro. Eli told us the authenticity of the Bible, each angle he showed amazed me. If I may describe the feeling I had that time it is mind-blowing. I thanked God for the abundant topics he taught through his preachers, I feel very full not only materially but spiritually. It was also heartwarming when Bro. Eli said that because of faith our brethren are able to endure staying late at night with very little sleep to listen to the teachings.
It came to a point that we need to go home for now because the 3rd day of thanksgiving ended but before we go to a closing prayer Bro. Eli said he is very thankful that he got to know his brothers and sisters in faith in which these people by faith always help the congregation. Even if I am a little sad because we ended the thanksgiving Bro. Eli already announced the upcoming 4th quarter of International Thanksgiving in December and still there is regular thanksgiving every Saturdays so nothing to be sad at all. Thanks be to God for I was able to learn these things which are very vital to salvation. As we still wait for the bus until 3am, and thought that maybe it will arrived at 5am we decided to ride on a van. When I walk towards the vehicle I felt the happiness penetrating in my being, embracing such happy memories and as I close the door of the van I can’t help but smile because, again for that moment in time, I am one of the brethren who feel blessed.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento